The Orbitist mapping application incorporates tons of unique features to help you create beautiful, interactive maps. This article explains how to use images in your map points.
(This quick guide assumes that you know how to create an Orbitist map and add a point. If you don't know how to do that yet, click here for an in-depth tutorial.)
ADDING IMAGES TO A POINT
1. Sign in to your Orbitist account by clicking the "SIGN IN" button in the top right of the homepage.
2. Then, click on the blue "My Maps" button in the top right of the account screen. You will be directed to a list of the maps you've created.
3. Click on the map title that you'd like to work on or click the "Work on map" button underneath the map number of the map you'd like to customize.
4. Once your map appears, click on the point that you'd like to add images to. When the point opens, click on the "Edit Point" button near the top of the box.
5. Within the Edit Point Screen, click the "Multimedia" tab on the left side, and look for the "Images" section. It should look like this:
6. To add an image, click on the "Choose Files" button and browse your computer for the image(s) you want to appear on your point. (Note: The file must be less than 10MB and must be in .png, .gif, .jpg, or .jpeg form.)
7. Once you've selected the desired image, click on the blue "Upload" button. The page will now display your image with an an empty "Title" field beside it.
8. If you click inside of it, you can use this "Title" field to create a caption for your image or attribute the source of the image. When users click on the photo within this point, your "Title" text will appear below the image.
9. Repeat this process until you have up to five photos on each point. When you're finished, click on the blue "Save" button at the bottom of the page.
10. Your point will now display the uploaded images. Users can browse your images by using the left and right arrow keys or by hovering over the image and clicking the white arrow that appears.
Be sure to follow Orbitist for future tutorials and updates. The application has tons of features, and we'll help you learn how to use them to make your content even better.
If you have any questions, e-mail email@example.com.