The Orbitist mapping application incorporates tons of unique features to help you create beautiful, interactive maps. This article explains how to use media in your map points.
(This quick guide assumes that you know how to create an Orbitist map and add a point. If you don't know how to do that yet, click here for an in-depth tutorial.)
ADDING MEDIA TO A POINT
1. Sign in to your Orbitist account by clicking the "SIGN IN" button in the top right of the homepage.
2. Then, click on the blue "My Maps" button in the top right of the account screen. You will be directed to a list of the maps you've created.
3. Click on the map title that you'd like to work on, or click the "Work on map" button underneath the map number of the map you'd like to customize.
4. Once your map appears, click on the point that you'd like to add media to. When the point opens, click on the "Edit Point" button near the top of the box.
5. Within the point, click on the "Multimedia" tab on the left side, and look for the "Embeds" field. The Orbitist app supports media from Youtube, Vimeo, Soundcloud, and Twitter.
6. Simply insert the URL of the media you'd like to include in your point and click the blue "Save" button at the bottom of the page.
7. Your media will now display inside your point.
Be sure to follow Orbitist for future tutorials and updates. The application has tons of features, and we'll help you learn how to use them to make your content even better.
If you have any questions, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.